UPDATE NUMBER 6
DATE: SEPTEMBER 28
We remain under a tropical storm warning. Multiple rounds of heavy rainfall associated with rainbands may lead to flooding in our area.
Conditions are expected to deteriorate throughout the day today. Please continue to exercise proper caution. Additional rainfall amounts of 2 to 4 inches with isolated amounts up to 8 inches are possible, bringing storm totals to 6 to 8 inches with isolated amounts up to 12 inches. Flash-flooding will be possible.
Tornadoes embedded in showers and thunderstorms within the outer rainbands will continue to be possible today.
NEW WITH THIS ADVISORY:
There are reports of damage throughout the Village. Some trees have been knocked down. Entrance gate arms have been damaged.
Do not let your guard down. As the hurricane makes landfall on the gulf coast, we are anticipating further effects from its outer bands throughout this afternoon.
SUMMARY OF ACTIVITIES:
- Bus service remains suspended at this time.
- The Master Management office is closed today.
- Security is currently operating normally. Should we experience winds above 35mph, entry gates may be locked in the open position.
- Bar code installation is suspended today and tomorrow.
- Master Management crews will be working across the village during the next 48 hours to keep storm drains clear of debris.
- Bulk collection today has been postponed. Do not put out any bulk items.
- If you have previously left bulk items for collection, please retrieve them if possible. They could pose a hazard in strong winds.
For the latest on the storm, CLICK HERE to be directed to the National Hurricane Center’s latest update.